It has been ages since I last wrote about my model railway, but I am definitely still working on it! One problem I’ve had on my railway is that I have a lot of wagons and carriages, and I’ve needed somewhere (other than on the track or stuffed into a box!) to store them all. I decided to glue some of the spare tracks I had for my railway onto some wooden boards and add some buffers to either side, in order to make it easy to store all of my rolling stock in a neat and efficient way. I squeezed 11 tracks onto each board, thankfully I had managed to find more than 22 tracks of the correct length in the piles of track I have been given – because cutting all those tracks to size would have been a nightmare! I also added some handles to either side, in order to make it easily stackable and easily moveable. It’s nearly finished – so in my next post I will post some images of the finished thing!After clearing the track, and a lot of the rubbish all around, I grabbed my pencil and began to sketch. I sketched out where the pond would be, the signal box, fences houses shops and roads, all around where the railway tracks were. I also painted the sheep and birds I bought for my railway so I could see how they would look on the model. I added one of my trees (post on this coming soon) to the layout, along with the signal box, some cars, some people and some reeds. This was all to illustrate some of how my railway will look when it’s finished, and it was fun seeing some of it come together. I now plan on working on building up the landscape for my railway, which will be my next big project.
The final project I worked on recently was extracting the tea leaves from expired herbal teabags to be used on my layout. The reason I was using the teabags actually had nothing to do with my model railway, but was for science idea I saw online that involved lighting them on fire. If they are lit at the top with a lighter, after burning half the way down, they then fly up into the air, which I thought was pretty cool. I then realised, after removing the tea from the teabags that the ground up tea would work well as something to scatter on forested areas of my layout to add more realism, so nothing went to waste!
Thanks for reading my latest railway progress post, I hope you enjoyed and I should be back soon with more posts!
That’s so cool! And excellent problem solving 🙂
What a wonderful post! It was a real joy to see the progress on your railway & as Aunty Heather said excellent problem solving! \look forward to the next post!
LOL Grandma xxxx
Great stuff! Love the “pencil” sketching on the layout. Looking forward to more pictures of what you’ve done!
Awesome content buddy, keep updating your site
I have checked your website and i have found some duplicate content, that’s why you don’t rank high in google’s search results, but there is
a tool that can help you to create 100% unique
articles, search for: Boorfe’s tips unlimited content
I have checked your blog and i have found some duplicate content, that’s why you don’t rank high in google’s search results, but there is a tool that can help you
to create 100% unique articles, search for; boorfe’s tips unlimited content
I have noticed you don’t monetize your website, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn extra cash every month.
You can use the best adsense alternative for any type of website
(they approve all websites), for more details simply search in gooogle:
boorfe’s tips monetize your website
Hi there mates, its impressive post regarding cultureand entirely explained, keep
it up all the time.